the little things.


This school, built me. I'm not one to be deep and emotional all the time, haha for sure not. But at the same time whenever i think about grad, a sad tug in my heart happens, and I start to reminisce. No but seriously, this school built me.

In elementary school I wasn't the kid to cry when their parents left them. No in fact, i was more fascinated by the pencil holders we were all given with our names on them. I was too distracted by these to notice when my parents even left the class. They were blocks that looked like black boards, and had a small decoration apple on the end of it. My apple fell off within a year..

I remember learning how to slide scissors across paper in a way that made a clean cut edge, and the many times i practiced this and failed miserably ripping my paper in the process. I remember giving my friend an apple seed and telling him that if he planted it an apple tree would grow "my Nana said so". I remember my first kindergarten kiss on the playground, and being absolutely disgusted because boys had cooties. I think he missed anyways.

Highschool, is now in the same boat as my kindergarten memories though. Memories. It's so weird to think that. That we won't be going back to highschool in September. And i think about all the petty little fights i had with people, and it just makes me laugh. What was the point? And i remember thinking i'd be thinking that later on....well here i am. I remember getting mad at joanne for who knows what, and Cassy for who knows what. What was it worth? Nothing more than something to look back at and shake your head at.

Call me creepy for noticing the little things, but I know I'm not the only one (cough* joanne *cough) who does. The pod for instance. You walk into our pod, and you've got the asian crew along the lockers closest to beebe's class, and then alyssa, emma, chelsea, etc. in front of them on those benches, and then you've got yoris leo etc (unless they were wandering around) on the far end by engler's class. By the lockers closer to the office side you had kierra justine... you had erica and jenna walking around most of the time, but i always remembered them standing around the lockers by the girl's bathroom. I could list everyone else, but you get the jist.

And it's just sad because I'm going to miss the little things the most. Isn't that always how it is. Nevermind grad rafting, or grad even for that matter. I'd give grad up in an instant to live in the little things again for a while. Like scooting around the science lab, because that's how everyone got around that room, unless of course you were stuck on one of the broken chairs, then sucks to be you kiddo :P. Or what about the librarian shushing people for absolutely no reason, because "we were being quiet" and her little spectacle that everyone would bond over after she'd left by eye glances that meant inside we were all bursting out in laughter. What about everyone sleeping on the benches in the pod.

I can remember everyone specifically too, joanne walking into school with her small girl swag on, wet hair in the mornings a lot of the time, backback on, and another bag in hand, straight to her locker, where someone or another would go and talk to her, just because that's Joanne for you :) Or Therese rockin the uniform accessories, or Cassy a lot of the time pulling off the "i don't give a ___" look and Miles teasing her for it the way he teased everyone in general. Or Zane's comfy looking shoes that looked a little like slipper shoes. David strutting up and down the hall on a mission most of the time. Trevor, never found without his guitar sticks or his laptop, it was always one or the other. JR, NEVER without his headphones, bopping along to his ipod. Travis, always on his phone...always. If no one was texting him, he'd pull it out of his pocket at least once during conversations lol. Jeff getting worked up about something or another with a slight romanian accent. In fact i can hear his "WHAT, no!" in my head right now. Natalie laughing along to anything and everything haha. Levi standing there, arms folded looking curious and on occasion giving the suspicious eye, Luke by his side. Femi with his water jug, chin up, walking in his Femi way, arms out for a hug to whoever was closest. Carmela pulling a dance move in awkward moments, or pulling the sexy/serious face pose.

These are the things I'm gonna miss. a lot. too much in fact.

1 comments:

Demon Kitti | August 12, 2010 at 10:54 PM

This post makes me remember.
This post also makes me sad.
:(
I'm really going to miss all of you people, too.

Post a Comment