prayers answered

is it too much to ask that you take it away.
Take it back to when things were okay
Can I trust you to heal me when all else has failed
To keep me alive
To strengthen my will
Am I out of line if I ask you to hear
To listen and help; draw yourself near
I want to move on
Die to the past
I try to step slowly
But my heart takes it fast
Can you unburden my back
Loosen the load
Can you show me the path
When there’s a fork in the road
Will you walk there beside me
Will you carry me through
Can you give me a map
When I can’t find a clue
I’m asking for mercy because I know that you’re there
I know you’ll help when there’s too much to bear
But I wish you’d speak louder
Because there’s dirt in my ears
Dirt that’s accumulated from over the years
Shout please. Just give me a sign
Let me know that soon I’ll be fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment