this is real.

no suzanne haha i am not writing this because i know you know my blog, but with every acting class, every time i'm on set as an extra i become more and more excited about it. Seriously, every time i get that attachment for a new "side" (i've learnt that a side is 'part of a script') i become more and more and more excited.

Recently though i was informed that when i'm scared or nervous...i have a certain strategy. It's my defense mechanism...my natural reaction i guess...and it's not a good one at that. My way of protecting myself from embarrassment or insecurity is to be a bitch. i was completely unaware until my acting coach pointed it out. Cause all I'M thinking is "holy crap im nervous/intimidated right now". I wonder how you change that.

I mean it's funny though. Cause i'm really good at picking out other people's automatic defense mechanisms, which they don't realize they're doing, but i can't pick up on my own.

and okay the caffeine deprivation has officially taken over my brain so i cannot finish this blog, which was poorly written due to this lil nuisance anyways haha. gnite

1 comments:

the coolest chick in the world | November 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Ways to get over it:
1.Open your heart. Wide. Feel what you are feeling. If you indeed want to act, if you indeed love to act, if you indeed get excited by the idea of acting, sit in that joy before you preform. Remember, you have a gift, a gift to be able to tell a story. A story that will move someones life and help them to know themselves and the human experience a little better by journeying with you.
2. Focus on your goal and how to get it. Continue with coming up with ideas on how to achieve your goal, all the way up to before you say your first line.
3. Say a prayer and thank God for the blessing he gave you.
4. Look at your reader and remember they want you to succeed and they are probably nervous too. Casting directors are counting on them, they are non working actors who love the craft enough to stay juicy by taking a job as a reader. Look them in the eye and think, they are just like me.
5. Stay off the caffeine ;)
6. Give yourself permission to loose control and connect.
7. Know you have the best acting coach in the world. She pointed it out to you so you can now be aware of it and change it. :)

Uh huh!

Post a Comment