driving in winter wonderland

-driving in the car-

dad: i thought you said you wanted me to keep you from hanging out with that friend
mel: what?! i'm sorry but i NEVERRRR said that. don't put words in my mouth
dad: melissa...you said it. you said "dad, they're not a good influence on me, don't let me hang out with them"
melissa : (what the hell...does he dream this stuff up? like wtf...where is this even coming from?) i never said that.
dad: *laughs a little*
melissa: it looks like we are at an impasse here
dad: all i know is that you said that. And now i'm worried about you hanging out with them again
melissa: look...i never said that, i have no idea where you even got that. And it doesn't even matter what you think either because I know what i said...and you can believe what you believe, but it doesn't affect me in any way because i know i didn't say that.  (its just another way of him trying to put some kind of control over me)
dad: *pretending to quote me* "dear mom and dad, i know we dont always see eye to eye, but most of the time i know you're right and just don't want to admit it, and i know that you're only doing it to protect me. I'm stubborn but I know that you guys know what's best for me and sooner or later I come to realize it too. So please don't stop. ".......this is where you insert your reply
melissa: (WOWWW wtf)...looks like you did it for me, didn't you now. 


its so frustrating when my dad believes something that is completely made up...and won't give it up. And trying to convince him otherwise is 100% pointless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment